Wednesday 5 January 2011

REMINISCENCE



mix media on canvas
36" x 36"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Memories

I packed you away,
In a little cardboard box
Hidden under my bed
And you fit most perfectly,
Just that way,
Hidden from view…
…Yet always silently there…
I hid you-
You and your smiles,
Your gifts, and memories…
Everything about you.
Because I couldn’t take it…
I couldn’t take you anymore.
It hurt too much
So stay hidden in your cardboard box,
And perhaps you’ll fade…


Why kid myself?
I know you’re there…
I can feel your contents drawing me in
Drawing me closer to you.
But some memories haunt me-
Memories of you…
Of ‘us’.
You rattle in your confined space
Singing in the night,
Pleading to me as I dream
To open you up, and look inside…
But I can’t do that… I won’t…
And slowly your song fades…
For there are other songs…
Other singers
Those who dream with me.


No comments: