Saturday 7 November 2009

SEAFARER


acrylic on canvas
48" x 36"
artwork submitted forThe Johor 2009 Tampak Art Competition
to exhibit at Johor Art Gallery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


As I surfed the Hutan Bandar Artist Commnity blogspot, I came across the Johor Art Gallery’s art competition. I was eager to participate but was clueless on what to present.

I wanted my final piece to tell a story about Johor, as Johor is a place I hold close to my heart-though a specific theme was not required by the esteemed organizer.

In Kuala Lumpur, where I am based, time flies without me even realizing it. I am a self-employed interior designer who is passionate about painting.

Johor is a place for me, where I get to unwind. A place where I shop, spend half a day enjoying the tender relaxing treatments in the Spas and enjoy delicious variety of mouth-watering dishes and just do nothing in particular-lazing around and clearing my mind from my daily tight schedule.

I learnt about the seafarers and how they came about in the development of Johor, and this is what inspired me. This is how I describe Johor,... the map of my life.

A place, a destination, a company,
With guaranteed warmth and lots of love
Where times fly with joy and laughter…

No comments: