Saturday 24 October 2009

HYPNOTISM II


acrylic on canvas
36" x 48"

artwork submitted for

Open Art Exhibition Pesta Pulau Pinang 2009
and was picked among the 69 chosen art pieces
from the 154 submitted art pieces
Theme "Muzik Menerusi Spektrum Seni"
to exhibit at Penang State Art Gallery.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

And this one inspired by one of the song in this movie – Ode to Joy, 9th Symphony. And yes, the letter from Ludwig Van Beethoven to his Immortal Beloved.


My angel, my all, my other half…
Just a few words today, and that in pencil… Yours.

Only tomorrow will I know for certain where I am to stay.
A worthless waste of time and such.

Why is deep sorrow?
If we could be united, we would feel this pain no longer.
Where I am, you are with me too.
Soon we shall live together and what a life it will be.

The journey was dreadful.
I did not arrive here until 4 in the morning.
At the last stop,
they warned me against traveling at night
and tried to frighten me about a forest
but that only tempted me.

The coach had to go and break down
on such terrible road for no reason.
Just a country road…
And now I am held up completely
but I have found another.
And we will surely see one another soon.

Today, I hope.
I have to see you.
How ever much you love me, I love you more.
Never hide yourself from me.

While still in my bed, my thoughts turns to you.
My immortal beloved.
Some of them happy… Some sad.
Waiting to see whether fate will hear us.
I can live completely with you or not at all.
Yes, it must be.

I must go to sleep now.
Be calm, Love.

Today, yesterday, what longing with tears for you.
You, you’re my life.
My everything.

Farewell then, go on loving me.
Ever yours,
Ever mine,
Forever.

4 comments:

fiziskandarz said...

perrrkghhhh!!! this is awesome! pure art :D

Anonymous said...

I think u have just passed the amateur level and have set levels in thsi field...Congratulations.

Faisal Admar said...

fai, this is my favorite! i was so lucky been able to touch it and brought it to your hotel room.

how i wish i'm rich enough to buy one and put in my room :(

soon i hope... soon.

Fai Zakaria said...

Akong - Arigato Gozaimas Akong!

Anonymous - Whoa! That's a BIG one. Thank you.

Faisal Admar - Yup, yup, yup. Thank you for carrying it up the other day. Siap sempat sikit mark kot? *wink*

And yes, Insya-Allah one day my Dear =)