Wednesday 6 October 2010

STUPEFY III


mix media on canvas
oval 16” W x 20” H

artwork submitted for Art Exhibition - Himpun 2010
to exhibit on 16-30th October 2010
at Peti Seni, National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur.


-------------------------------------------------------------------


This technique, the texture and the colour combination somehow really caught everyone's attention. I've sold the first piece in this series in 2009 and this year, I sold another piece during a Exclusive High Tea event in The Royal Bintang Plaza. Honestly, I loves doing this artwork too. It's simple but not as simple as everyone thought.

I can finish this piece real fast if I'm in a very relax mood. Not in the hurry as it will take lots of time to wait for the wax to melt and drip... Sometimes, when I have too much on my mind - this is a very good relaxing session for me. While waiting for the wax to drip, I can really put my thought on the matters that I have to handle. And oh yes! it's a good sauna session too! Hahhahahah. As you can't on any fan or air-condition to do this. Somehow, it's hard. So yes, lets burn some fat by dripping the wax on those canvases! *wink*

Oh ya, it's the new size of canvas You like it? I do!!! This piece is about me imagining looking in the mirror and this is the reflection I saw... The good, the bad, the thick and thin through life!

2 comments:

Dhiraj Deka (D.D) said...

Your works always mesmerize me.

Fai Zakaria said...

Thanks D.D! *blush*